Monday, February 7, 2011

Agree to Disagree

You can't possibly agree on everything.  I have family and friends that I love unconditionally.  That love for those who have helped shaped my ideas and my opinions will never falter.  This is fact.  However, I don't agree and actually oppose some of their base ideas and general outlook on things.  Is this a problem?  I often wonder to myself. 

Now if you don't know me then you wouldn't know that I play a ton of poker.  I haven't played a lot lately because I'm starting to see facts about how worthless money has really become.  But I think about poker a lot.  In fact there was a time when my soul focus was on poker, so I have a lot of ideas about it.  Some are still wrong.  I'm sure of that.  Just as some of my ideas on life are still wrong.  I AM SURE OF THAT.  Here comes one of my famous poker equates to life rants!!!!!  GET READY!

Poker is to me... A direct reflection of life.  I can see it.  I can see a passive player and assume he's pretty passive in life too.  I can see a strong and confident unafraid player and when I meet him in REAL life, he or she, is a strong, confident, and unafraid person.  I can see that a man of mathematical background is usually a cold and calculated player focused more on odds.  Now you can ask all these player types about ideas on the game at hand and they WILL differ ALWAYS.  In my assessment anyways.  Again... A lot of this is ideas based on my ideas and so on and so forth.  I don't know everything nor will I ever know everything about life or poker.  That's the beauty of it all.

Now this is the lesson that I have taken to heart about life and poker.  Not all your opponents are playing the same game that you are.  REPEAT THIS OFTEN!!!!  Not all your opponents are playing the same game that you are.  Just like all of your family and your friends aren't playing the same game you are.  They all differ on various levels.  Levels of skill, levels of cunning, levels of thinking, levels of Fundamental theory!!!!! 

It is a FACT that not everybody can agree on everything all the time.  It's a ludicrous notion to think otherwise.  So is it a problem that I don't agree with some people that I hold in high regard?  NO.  It's not.  It never will be.  I DREAD the day when everybody you know is just a carbon copy of the next.  I dread the day that debate dies.  I dread the day when the individual person holds no value.  On that day... I will know that hope has been abandoned and LOVE has been defeated.

John Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment