Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Full of Tilt

I watch like a hawk.  I watch my opponents every move.  I wait for weakness.  I wait for the chance to exploit them.  To exploit their lack of knowledge.  I lull them to sleep with passivity.  I wait til it's time to play big pots.  Then I lean.  I lean on them.  Leverage them with every single oppurtunity.  I don't gamble... I consider gambling a fools proposition.  I'm not willing to risk it all on nothing.  No, I don't gamble... I watch and I prepare.  I educate myself to stay ahead of the learning curve.  I have no coach... I make it up as I go along.  Learning from smarter and wiser players then myself.  Taking their arguments into consideration and seeing where it fits into my game.  If  I understand a new concept enough then I apply it.  Forever learning and expanding on an already solid fundamental game. 

I don't ignore the fundamentals though.  We sometimes forget to go back over them.  We lose our patience.  Go on tilt.  Play with emotion rather than with solid logic.  You're done when that happens.  DONE!  The minute logic and common sense go out the window and you are all emotion... You are done. 

Tilt is a funny thing too.  It works both ways.  It's like manic depressive.  You can be running like a god causing you to play with only a positive emotion.  That's a good tilt.  It's like you can do no wrong... In the zone.  Then you get lazy and sloppy.  Gamble on a few draws where the odds aren't so great.  You may hit.. You are running like a god right?  But you went against logic and called out of emotion.  That is still tilt.  I'm too good type of tilt. 

Grandma taught me a few things in my time.  1.  Nobody's too big for an ass whippin.  Poker is the same way.  You better be on it.  If you aren't somebody will be.  Watch and take notes.  Take a look around the table.  See who's playing this game.  Sharks are circling.  They will eat you alive.  Unless you can identify them quickly and adjust to their game. 

Adjust your game my friends.  The sharks are circling.  They want your monies.  If they play the game with wisdom... They will get it.  All of it.  Be aware, be wise, and adjust your game.

Done for now,

John Quest   

No comments:

Post a Comment